- Non-Life Reinsurance Business in Africa, Asie and Australasia
- Life & Health Reinsurance worldwide
|1999||Appointment to CEO of Hannover Life Re, the business group in charge of all life,health, annuity and personal accident activities|
|end of 2011||Retired as Executive Board Member of Hannover Re Group and CEO of Hannover Life Re|
|since early 2012||Works as independent strategic advisor in insurance and reinsurance, with several board mandates in Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland and the USA|
| June 2013||Received the prestigious John S. Bickley Founder's Award - Gold Medal for Excellence - from International Insurance Society, New York|
|2016||AEGON Blue Square Re N.V. : Chairman of the Supervisory Board|
|2017||VitalityLife UK : Chairman of the Board of Directors|
|2017||FWU AG : Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board |
- Reading non-business-related books
- Outdoor activities like cycling, mountain hiking and skiing
- Travelling to remote places
- Hard Rock music and Mozart Operas
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.